Greetings, soon-to-be-graduates! The world’s strangest senior year is nearly over!
- If you have signed up for your graduation time and wish to change your time, it is unlikely that this can happen. You must plan for the grad time you initially signed up for.
- You & your guests must arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled time. This will allow us to check you in and organize seating so you are safely grouped in the stands, ready to be brought down to the field at Volcanoes Stadium when it is time for your names to be announced.
- There will be a short video aired at the top of every hour that will feature an address from the principal, formal recognition of our valedictorians, salutatorians, Royal Scot of the Year & Anchor award recipient, and your student speaker. This video will last 10-12 minutes, then we will proceed with the recognition of graduates.
- This event is intended to allow your families to participate with you as your names are announced. Guests come down on the field with graduates and may even cross the stage with you if desired. This provides a unique opportunity for families to take close-up photos as well as be a part of the professional photographer’s shots. If guests do NOT want to come down to the field with graduates, they will be prompted to move to the seats on the third-base side of the field so they can greet you as you come up from the field.
- You (and families) can remain in the stands to watch others cross the stage, but you will need to exit shortly before we begin the next hour-long cycle. The diploma station will be set up near the exit so you can pick up your diploma on your way out.
- Masks are not required for this outside event per the most recent safety guidelines released by the state. We will, however, still monitor physical-distancing (3-6 feet).
- High heels are not permitted on the field at Volcanoes Stadium. A wedge or a very chunky heel is fine.
- Remember, you may decorate your caps. Staff reserves the right to remove your cap and replace it with an un-decorated cap if your decorations are offensive or inappropriate for this event.