Just what do school counselors do and how can they help your student?
Our counselors are highly trained and are able to help students and families with a variety of needs.
High School Counseling Center
Our team of Counselors, School Social Worker, CSOC, Graduation Coaches, and mental health professionals are committed to supporting families and students in areas of enrollment, academic planning, college/career planning, accessing community resources, and crisis support. All students are assigned a school counselor by the student's last name.
All school counselors:
- Counsel students individually or in group settings
- Counsel students on career planning and goals
- Develop a guidance plan based on campus needs
- Respond to student needs in crisis situations
- Orient students to new school settings
- Work with absentees and at risk students
- Refer students to special programs and/or services when necessary
- Conduct conferences with parents and teachers
- Analyze test results to provide information about abilities and achievement
School counselors also perform additional duties and are always available to assist students and families in a variety of ways. Please feel free to contact your student’s counselor today to find out how they can best assist your student in their educational needs.