Hello McKay Community,
Our vision here at McKay High School is ‘Every student graduates college and career ready.’
A continued part of our work this year in making this a reality is through our CCR (College and Career Readiness) classes. We believe that CCR not only support students’ ability to create positive relationships with peers and staff, but also supports their development with essential skills like critical thinking, oral academic language development, organization/time management, goal setting and planning for post-graduation success. We know these skills are essential to both their academic and ultimately career success.
Here are some key highlights for both our McKay parents and students regarding CCR class:
- CCR will take place twice each week on Thursdays and Fridays.
- It is scheduled after 1st and 5th periods each day and runs around 30 minutes.
- CCR is identified as ‘0’ period on student schedules
- CCR is a pass/no pass class and will count for .25 credits each year.
- Students spend time in CCR preparing for Student-Led Conferences scheduled for November and March.
We look forward to another great year here at McKay High School and look forward to partnering with each of you as we move closer to our vision of ‘Every student graduates college and career ready.’
McKay High School