Senior Class of
2020 McKay High School
Graduation Guidance and Communication
Seniors are awarded credit on their classes for work completed from:
January 28th-March 13th
Graduates (Including early grads who declared before March 13):
- When you have met the graduation requirements for your diploma, you will be notified by phone, and in a written letter.
- You can check your own graduation progress on StudentVUE under Course History, but graduation will only be confirmed when you receive verbal and written confirmation.
- You will remain a McKay student, with CCR, email and ID until June 5th
- Please see the Senior FAQ below for questions about celebrations.
All other seniors:
- You can see your remaining required credits by logging into your StudentVUE and clicking on Course History to see what is remaining.
- Your counselor will contact you with a pathway to graduation through Distance Learning
- You are responsible for completing outstanding work through March 13th through distance learning with your assigned teachers.
- Graduation status will be updated every 2 weeks and graduates will be notified by phone and letter when they have met expectations.
For more information contact: email@example.com
or contact your counselor directly.
SENIOR ACTIVITIES FAQ:
Will our prom be rescheduled?
No. All activities scheduled for the remainder of the school year have been canceled
What about stuff that I left at McKay? How will I get it back?
Monday, May 11 has been booked from 8:00am-2:00pm for the following:
● Seniors will retrieve items from their lockers. Students will not be permitted to enter the building, but locker contents will be transferred to a labeled bag that will be available for curbside pick-up.
● Seniors may pay any outstanding fees.
● Seniors may return Chromebooks they borrowed but may no longer be using.
● Seniors may return any textbooks they may still have.
● Seniors may report any scholarship awards they have received so that we may collect that data for the class of 2020.
● Seniors may pick up any graduation merchandise that they ordered through Josten’s, including caps & gowns.
All of the above activities will follow appropriate social-distancing protocol for car & foot traffic
How can I make my payment to Josten’s for my graduation merchandise?
All seniors should attempt payment online before May 11.
Payments can be made at www.jostens.com, then make sure to enter McKay High School when prompted to do so.
Payment can also be mailed to Josten’s PO Box 2350 Clackamas, OR 97015.
What if I no longer want the merchandise that I ordered from Josten’s? How do I get a refund?
Josten’s typically will only refund students if they end up NOT graduating. If seniors have a specific issue or want to discuss a refund, they need to contact Josten’s directly using the contact information on the website.
How will seniors receive end-of-year honors & recognition?
Since we cannot have a Senior Awards Assembly, we will instead have a “Senior Celebration Week” from May 27-June 3. Videos will be posted on the website and on Scotsman Daily to recognize senior achievements.
Will we have a graduation ceremony on June 3rd, as previously scheduled?
We will NOT be having an in-person graduation ceremony on June 3rd.
We WILL be posting a virtual ceremony on that date, using information/photos received from graduates.
Will we have our 2020 graduation ceremony at a later time?
We have bookmarked the first week in August for a ‘live’ graduation ceremony. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to actually have an in-person ceremony, but we are hoping to be able to do that. If we can conduct an in-person ceremony, it is likely that it will look quite different with far fewer spectators. Stay tuned!