During the summer break the McKay office will be open Monday – Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Taking Care of Business Days (Parent/Guardian and student attendance is required.)
August 14 and 15.
Please ensure your student comes to school prepared with the following school supplies:
- One, two inch, three-ring binder
- One pencil pouch
- Pens (black or blue)
- Loose, college ruled notebook paper
- Nine dividers
- Nine, single-subject, college ruled, spiral notebooks. (Most classes require students to have a spiral notebook, including CCR)
- A calendar/planner to track homework assignments and activities
- Two graphing composition notebooks for math classes. (One per semester, per course)
Días para hacer trámites escolares (la asistencia de los padres, tutores legales y alumnos es obligatoria)
14 y 15 de agosto (lea la información adjunta)
Cerciórese de que el alumno asista a la escuela preparado con los útiles siguientes:
- Un cuaderno de tres anillas de dos pulgadas
- Un estuche para los lápices
- Bolígrafos (de tinta negra o azul)
- Hojas de renglón ancho
- Nueve separadores
- Nueve cuadernos de espiral con hojas de renglón ancho para cada una de las asignaturas. (El alumno debe tener cuadernos de espiral para casi todas las clases, incluida CCR)
- Una agenda con calendario para llevar la cuenta de todas las tareas de clase y actividades escolares
- Dos cuadernos de papel cuadriculado para las clases de matemáticas (uno por cada semestre y por cada curso)
Thank you Salem Rotary Club for acknowledging our three state qualifiers from Track and Field as athletes of the month. Shay Coons, Brian Coburn, and Tyrus Love had the opportunity to attend the Rotary Club meeting this afternoon with their families and Coaches. We appreciate all you do for our community.
McKay Athletics is excited to welcome Keista McCrae as Interim Boys Basketball Coach.
KJ attended Santa Rosa Junior College in Santa Rosa, CA, where he earned an A.A. degree and then transferred to Portland State University, in Portland, OR, on football scholarship and earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Science. KJ is currently attending Grand Canyon University where he is working toward earning his Masters of Education in Secondary Education.
Coach McCrae has been a coach for football at the High School and Collegiate level for the past 8 years. He has been a basketball referee for the past 7 years and a college referee for the past 3 years.
Along with being the Boys Basketball Coach, KJ will also be a Behavior Specialist at McKay, as well as Defensive Coordinator for our football program. Being inside the school will give KJ the opportunity to build positive relationships with our students and help them reach their full potential through the teaching of our 3 core values of Leadership, Scholarship, and Competitiveness. “I am excited for this opportunity and this challenge to grow as a coach, but I am most excited for this opportunity to impact the young people of our community in a positive way! #GoScots #CompeteIEYD”
We are extremely excited for what the future holds for Basketball, Football, and all of our programs that coach McCrae will be involved with. Please help us in giving an amazing Royal Scots Welcome to Teacher and Coach KJ McCrae. #ScotsPride.
Attached are two versions (English & Spanish) of a VERY important document for Seniors!
These are the general instructions for senior ceremonies; please read carefully and share with your families.
Taking the board game to the stage, Royal Scot actors offer audience a good time with an old favorite. Meet some of those responsible. Nadia Isom of Chemeketa Community College’s The Courier reports.