Shay Coons has been selected as this week’s Salem Sports and Breakfast Club Athlete of the Week for her performance against North Salem. The Royal Scots won in 3 sets and Shay had 8 aces on 13 attempts, 2.35 passer rating with 11 digs and 19 kills in the game. Please congratulate her as we celebrate her, and her team’s success.
Attached are flyers in English and Spanish for a community forum for parents, guardians, school district staff and community members. The focus of the forum is African American Students. Data shows they are three times more likely to drop out of school than other student populations. This forum provides an opportunity for us to hear the voices of our stakeholders. There will be break out groups where stakeholders can share their concerns and possible solutions
Eleven of our Salem-Keizer FFA members spent the past 2 days attending the Capital District leadership camp. Here, they forged new friendships with 119 other students from 9 other high schools in Marion County. Our outstanding students stepped outside their comfort zone, presenting a skit on stage, developing their public skills through the Opening Ceremonies Leadership Development Event, and set additional chapter goals for this year.
Zontel Brown has been selected as this week’s Salem Sports and Breakfast Club Athlete of the Week for his performance against Forest Grove. The Royal Scots won 35-14 and Zontel had 109 yards receiving, a touchdown, and an interception in the game. Please congratulate him as we celebrate his, and his team’s success.
Family Involvement Night
Family Involvement Night is an opportunity for our school staff and families to work together to assist our students in their preparation and matriculation to post-secondary education. Services will be provided to assist our families in the area of financial aid (FAFSA), scholarship search, post-secondary placement and career exploration. Vocational, technical and military worships will be provided to assist student who which to explore additional post-secondary opportunities. Family Involvement Nights are the first Monday of each month from 6:00 pm to 7:30 am. Additional resources and opportunities will be provided for our parents.
October 2nd is FAFSA Completion Night
This workshop is for our senior students and their parents. Come and learn about how to complete the FAFSA Application and your FSA ID (electric signature). Each parent will need to bring the following information to complete the FAFSA Application:
• Your Social Security Number (parent and student)
• Your driver’s license (if any)
• Your 2016 Federal Income Tax Return (parent and student)
• Your 2016 W-2 forms
• Your current bank statements
• Parents’ current business and investment records
September and October College Admission
Seniors if you are interested in any of the following schools below, please sign up for the College/University Informational Workshops in Mr. Brooks Office.
• 18th George Fox University 10:30 am
• 21st Portland State University 9:00 am
• 25th Oregon State University 9:00 am and Pacific Lutheran University 10:00 am
• 26th Willamette University 10:00 am
• 27th Evergreen State College 11:00 am
• 28th Corban University 10:30 and Western Oregon University 12:30 pm
• 3rd University of Oregon 10:30 am
• 9th Oregon State University Cascades 10:30 am
• 17th Pacific University 1:30 pm
• 19th Northwest University 10:30 am
• 26th Seattle Pacific University 1:30 pm
• 27th Linfield College 1:30 pm
November 6th FAFSA Completion Night
This workshop will continue to assist parents and student in the completion of their FAFSA. Parents and students will need to bring the following:
• Social Security Number (parent and student)
• Driver’s License (if any)
• 2016 Federal Income Tax Return (parent and student)
• 2016 W-2
• Current Bank Statements
• Parents’ current business and investment records583
This past summer, Royal Scots Theatre staff and students worked PROFESSIONALLY with four different theatre companies in town;
Enlightened Theatrics, The Historic Elsinore, Enchanted Forest and Theatre 33.
Many of these actors and technicians were recent alumni and some are current students.
Check the theatre website and the school website for the latest opportunities to watch magic happen on the Royal Scots Stage!
Click on the article link to see the latest new about the McKay Cross Country Team.